Many people have learned that they can extend the life of their AC units through frequent repairs. The problem, however, comes when the AC unit hits the point where continuing to repair it is going to become more expensive than an actual AC system replacement would be. There are a number ways to decide when exactly is the best time to have a new AC unit installed. Let’s take a few minutes and briefly go over these methods.
Here is a simple list of questions that you can go through to help decide if it is time for a replacement:
- How old is the AC unit? The EPA recommends that systems more than 10 years old will be likely to start losing their energy efficiency and that it may save you more money in time by replacement.
- How often does the system need repair? If your AC unit is breaking down often during the summer and needs monthly or bi-monthly repair than odds are good that you will spend more money on repairs than on a replacement.
- Is the unit keeping your house at an even temperature? Failing units have difficulty keeping the temperature at the level you like, and this is a good sign that you are losing a lot of money on an inefficient, old, and overworked system.
- Is the AC unit excessively loud? If you notice that the AC is running louder than normal, this generally means that the system is overexerting itself trying to keep up with your cooling needs.
After asking yourself these questions, you should have a good idea of the state of your AC system.
- Also, if a repair is going to cost you more than half the price of the system, you should certainly replace it.
Once you’ve decided that it is indeed time to replace your old AC unit, it will be a simple matter of calling up our HVAC technicians and scheduling a time for us to come out to your location and get the job done. An AC unit replacement can usually be done relatively quickly, so it should not take long once you have made the decision.
There are a few different options to choose between, and depending on what type of home you are in, you will want a specific type of AC unit to best regulate the air around your house. Our technicians can help you figure out all of this in one quick visit to inspect your home along with the current setup with the old AC unit.
To set up an appointment for an inspection with Comfort Experts, just give us a call at your convenience. We are always happy to help people figure out what the best option is for them, and we look forward to hearing from you. We can also answer any questions that you might have at that time as well.